Now Hiring: Staff Lawyer
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Legal Administrative Assistant
Junior staff lawyer
Volunteer lawyers (clinic or daytime lawyers)
Support staff working on legal matters
Acts as Executive Director in the absence of the Executive Director
Coordinates with: All staff
- Provide orientation and training to new volunteer lawyers; organize on-going training to volunteer lawyers
- Train and supervise all staff and volunteers listed above.
- Conduct workshops, presentations, seminars and ensure presentation materials are up to date.
- Assist in developing and updating all educational pamphlets and brochures, and workshops.
- Comply with program reporting requirements, such as maintaining monthly statistics and file reviews as directed by the Executive Director.
- Maintain up to date file information in the clinic database.
- Attendance at management meetings and staff meetings
- Provide summary legal advice to clients in clinics.
- Review advice from volunteers for follow up legal services or advice letters.
- Assist clients through the follow up program, including determining scope of service, referrals, and legal assistance and/or representation on files, including attendance in court where necessary.
- Maintaining a caseload in accordance with targets as determined in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Keep staff updated about changes in laws, procedures and policies relevant to continued work on files.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to ensure that services are provided to such clients and in a manner that agrees with our mission and vision, and our agreements with funders.
Other responsibilities may include assisting the Executive Director, with:
- Outreach work and potentially, development of satellite clinics in smaller communities, and
- Assistance with and participation in planning and promotional activities
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteer lawyers
- Assist with fundraising
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a benefits package. This position is full time employment. Please indicate your salary expectations and submit with your resume to the attention of the Executive Director, Kathy Parsons at email@example.com