Sometimes family law issues can be extremely stressful, and we are here to support you through your experience and help you move forward. CLG can help you with problems arising from family breakdown, especially if you have experienced abuse and trauma from your partner or other family member(s) like:
- Physical, emotional or sexual violence
- Threats to deny access to your children
- Denial of child/spousal support or adequate access to money, food, medical care etc.
- Threats of deportation
If you are experiencing violence or feel you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you need to speak with someone immediately for emotional support, call CONNECT at 1.403.234.7233(SAFE) or toll free in Alberta at 1.866.606.7233(SAFE) or visit the CONNECT website at www.connectnetwork.ca
*CLG is not a crisis agency.
How CLG can help:
Our lawyers and social work advocate can answers questions and give advice about:
- Guardianship, Parenting, Custody and Access
- Child Support
- Spousal or Partner Support
- Property Division and Exclusive Possession of the Home
- Child Protection
- Restraining and Protection Orders
Family Law Public Education:
Calgary Legal Guidance offers Free Public Legal Education workshops and presentations throughout the year at different community locations on a variety of legal topics. Please see the link below to find out the Family Law topics, dates and locations for our Families and the Law Public Legal Education Workshops.
Family Law Public Education Resources:
The following are Family Law Resources created by Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) and Centre for Public Legal Education for Alberta (CPLEA) who have given Calgary Legal Guidance permission to use and distribute.
- Child Custody and Parenting
- Financial Support
- Property Division
- Representing Yourself in Family Court
- Young Parents